Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Resolved Question: Will this shelter work, or is there a better alternative?

So I asked a question last week about a trip I'm planning in April to a semi-arid island for camping, I got great help so I'm back for more! So with all the water we'll have to carry in I got to thinking that instead of lugging the tent I should be looking for something lighter and compact. I came across this tent hammock, but it has no reviews. http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Trunk-Bivy-Extreme-Shelter/dp/B001M0O29M/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1314306330&sr=1-1 The mosquito netting is a must, as I've already read several accounts from previous visitors who complain about the bugs. Although it's semi-arid, it's still in the tropics so some kind of rain flap should be gotten, so this comes with both. But it seems on the pricey side to me. Ones without the rain protection, like the Skeeter Beeter, are only half the cost. Should I just take my $10 hammock, my tarp and a mosquito net LOL, all of which is considerably heavier (but still lighter than tent) than what this one offers at a total of only 40 oz

Source:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110825142035AAz6Oka

dorst creek campground reviews fort wilderness rv camping national parks jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment